Sunday, January 11, 2009

Run Down

Well, the last week has been mostly me being run down by a severe cold. I have not been able to make it to the gym. I tried today and was told by the trainers at the gym that it was bad to work out with a cold because it pushes all of the congestion down from your throat to your chest.

So I get home and Good Morning America is doing a report about sweating out a cold. The consensus from the show is contrary to what I was told at the gym I work out at. GMA is coming to the conclusion that it is good for the person with the cold. It opens up passages and releases certain chemicals. Of course the reprt also noted that it may not be good to work out where other people are in close proximaty due to the possibility of spreading the illness.

When I attempted to work out all that happened was that I had a difficult time breathing and made it no more than a few minutes.

Unfortunately I tend to get annoyed at other people minding my business so I was a little put off by a fellow exerciser who noted that I was in and out fast when she saw me putting on my coat. I croaked that I had a cold and was congested and quickly took off.

I do think that my taking of prescription strength cold medicine has been helping.

I may try to get out and see Frost/Nixon today. It is playing at a theatre 45 minutes away. It may very well open up locally next week, I have no idea. But I kind of want to see it before the Golden Globes tonight and I need to get out of the house as I am going a bit stir crazy.

There is a lot of snow out but I figure the theatre is right off the highway so it should be fine to drive.


Okay, enough for now.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment